"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." - Inigo Montoya
Inigo Montoya is a master swordsmen; having spent the last 20 years searching
for the six-fingered man who murdered his father and plotting his revenge. When
finally encountering his father’s killer, the man flees immediately. Pursuing the
foul murderer, Inigo repeatedly chants the words he’s played in his mind over
and over again in anticipation of this day: “My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed
my father. Prepare to die!” After slaying the six-fingered man, Inigo is at a
loss to what to do with the rest of his life having spent the past two decades
dedicated to the “revenge business”.
How Inigo's plight hath moved me so! Reminiscing the lightning bolt of shock I had received upon hearing the king's true death, as Inigo's rage plagued him after playing witness to his father's murder. The bond we shared with our fathers so mirrored, having respected "so excellent a king; that was, to this" as Inigo loved his father, (1.2.139). Lady Luck's gift of the our father's killers have left these two men on a dedicated quest of revenge: in each our calls, mine "So, uncle, there you are. Now to my word; It is 'Adieu, adieu! remember me,' I have sworn't," (1.4.110). Waiting, plotting for the clock to bequeath, "Justice!"
- "My father was slaughtered by a six-fingered man. He was a great swordmaker, my father."
- "Why, what an ass am I! This is most brave,/That I, the son of a dear father murder'd,/Prompted to my revenge by heaven and hell..." (2.2.510-512).
- "Without a word, the six-fingered man slashed him through the heart. I loved my father. So naturally, I challenged his murderer to a duel."
- "And thy commandment all alone shall live within the book ad volume of my brain, unmix’d with baser matter: yes, by heaven! O villain, villain, smiling, damned villain!” (2.2.100-105)
- "I was eleven years old. And when I was strong enough, I dedicated my life to the study of fencing. So the next time we meet, I will not fail. I will go up to the six-fingered man and say, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
- "As he is very potent with such spirits,/abuses me to damn me: I'll have grounds/More relative than this: the play's the thing/Wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king," (2.2.530-534).
- "Do you hear that, Fezzik? That is the sound of ultimate suffering. My heart made that sound when the six-fingered man killed my father. The Man in Black makes it now."
- "Tears in his eyes, distraction in 's aspect,/A broken voice, and his whole function suiting/With forms of conceit? and all for nothing!" (2.2.480-483)
"Is very strange. I have been in the revenge business so long, now that it's over, I don't know what to do with the rest of my life."
No comments:
Post a Comment