Thursday, August 29, 2013

#3: "If you were a fairy tale/mythological character"/group skills



Forty Fortunes: A Tale of Iran is the story of a young man whose wife makes him pose as a fortune teller causing his success to be unpredictable; I feel this tale is the perfect description of my history working in groups. I am a listener, I am a contributor but I have never been an initiator. If my group does not have a designated leader, I’ve found nothing but chaos will ensure: making group projects somewhat of a gamble. Hopefully, being in an AP class, there will be many strong leaders.
If I had to compare myself to another fairy tale it’d be Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. From my perspective, Snow White tried her hardest to be helpful to the dwarves by cleaning and cooking and teaching them. Though I’m mostly a follower, I try to conciliate and encourage m group as much as possible. However, whenever I find myself voicing m opinions I come off as an opinion seeker—I wonder if Snow White had that problem?  

No comments:

Post a Comment